You can write to City Council using the form below. You must complete all sections marked with an asterisk (*). You can also write to individual Councillors separately, or write directly to the Mayor.
Once received, your letter will be forwarded to the appropriate body. If it goes to a Standing Policy Committee or the Executive Committee, we will tell you the date of the meeting where it will be considered. If you wish to speak, you must indicate that in your letter.
Letters relating to new issues:
Letters and requests to speak on new issues are usually heard by the appropriate Council committee and must be received no later than 12:00 p.m. on the Tuesday of the week preceding the meeting.
Letters relating to existing agenda items:
Letters or requests to speak relating to matters that are already on the Council or Committee agenda must be received as follows:
- City Council: 10:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting
- Council Committee: Received online by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting, or delivered in writing no later than 5:00 p.m. of the previous business day preceding the meeting
- Letters should be concise and clear.
- Letters containing fictitious names or addresses, or which are abusive in nature, will be filed appropriately by the City Clerk.
- Letters which do not meet the conditions of acceptance set out under the Procedures and Committees Bylaw will be filed appropriately by the City Clerk.
- All information contained in letters to City Council or to Council Committees is available to the public.