Text to Win a GoPro!
Congratulations to John P., winner of the GoPro Camera in the Summer Teen Zone contest!
Come Hang With Us...
The City of Saskatoon hosts a mix of free, drop-in, and registered programs across Saskatoon all summer long. Come check the summer programming!
• Free! Youth Centres: Drop in for sports, games, music or just hang with your friends at a variety of locations across the city. Youth Centres include a special Arts Only location where you can express yourself with unique art projects that make a statement, Sports Only locations and Mè Ta Wè Tàn locations with some added Aboriginal games and activities.
• Free! Skateboard Travelling Program: Grind, Ollie and pop your way through summer! Practice your boarding and learn new tricks from our skilled skateboard leaders! The Skateboard Program travels to different skate site each day!
• New! Sport & Splash Camp: A perfect full-day camp for kids who like to have fun and keep active! Campers will participate in a daily recreational swim and try their hand at a variety of non-competitive sports, games and activities. This camp is offered at both Shaw Centre and Lawson Civic Centre.
• Free! Summer Slam: On Saturday, June 8th (1 - 4 p.m.) kick off the summer in style at Lions Skate Park. Learn the basics of skateboarding from sponsored skateboarders and see them do their thing! Free prizes, pizza and music.
13 Things To Do in Summer '13!
1. Bring your fishing gear and spend the afternoon at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo Fishing Pond where Rainbow Trout are the catch of the day.
2. Golf for free with Silverwood’s Family golf Special. (Offered daily after 4 pm for ages 14 and under. Must be accompanied by a minimum of one paying adult.)
3. Enjoy any of the 4 outdoor pools!
4. Sign up for Sport & Splash Camp, a full-day camp for kids who like to keep active!
5. Exercise for FREE every Tuesday and Thursday from June 4 to September 5 in Kiwanis Park.
6. There are 45 Playground Programs across the City! Drop in for FREE and enjoy water play, sports, crafts, games and more! (For ages 2-12 years).
7. Grab your gear and try out all 6 skateboard sites. (Open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily)
8. Hang out with your friends and take part in sports, movies, music, board games and video games at the summer youth centres.
9. Check out the newly renovated Mayfair pool! A variety of water features including a waterslide!
10. Volunteer at with your local community association! Community Association Volunteers make friends, share their knowledge & expertise, get exercise or build their resume with positive work experience.
11. Collect codes from City of Saskatoon leisure facilities for a chance to win a GoPro Camera. (For ages 13-17)
12. Check out the daily Raptor Flight Shows at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo from July 21 to August 4!
13. Join Summertime Sam for the Saskatoon Kid's Club Scavenger Hunt for a chance to win a Nintendo Wii U! (For ages 12 and under.)
The Summer 2013 Mini Guide is your exclusive source to summer fun in Saskatoon! Check it out for a list of summer hot spots, fun activities and programs. The Summer 2013 Mini Guide will be delivered to Saskatoon households on June 10 and is also available for pick-up at any City of Saskatoon Leisure Centres.