The summer Teen Zone text-in to win contest is now over. Congratulations to Thor K., who is the winner of a $300 gift card to a sports store of his choice.
Come Hang With Us...
The City of Saskatoon hosts a mix of free, drop-in, and registered programs across Saskatoon all summer long. Come check the summer programming!
• Free! Youth Centres: Drop in for sports, games, music or just hang with your friends at a variety of locations across the city. Youth Centres include a special Arts Only location where you can express yourself with unique art projects that make a statement, Sports Only locations and Mè Ta Wè Tàn locations with some added Aboriginal games and activities.
• Free! Skateboard Travelling Program: Grind, Ollie and pop your way through summer! Practice your boarding and learn new tricks from our skilled skateboard leaders! The Skateboard Program travels to different skate site each day!
• S Games: A supercharged week of sports and games for ages 10-13.
• Free! Summer Slam: On Saturday, June 9th (1 - 4 pm) kick off the summer in style at Lions Skate Park and join skateboard pro Jamie Tancowny as he demonstrates the tricks that made him famous. Learn from the pros and see them kick'n to action. Bring your own skateboard. Free prizes, pizza and music.
10 Things To Do This Summer!
1. Bring your gear and spend the afternoon at the Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo Fishing Pond where Rainbow Trout are the catch of the day.
2. Play a game of tennis at one of the 42 outdoor courts throughout the city.
3. Golf for free with Silverwood’s Family golf Special. (Offered daily after 4:00 pm for ages 14 and under. Must be accompanied by a minimum of one paying adult.)
4. Enjoy any of the 4 outdoor pools for just one loonie! (Loonie Swims run Monday to Thursday from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM)
5. Try out the Giant Inflatable Zoom Slide at Harry Bailey Aquatic Centre. (Every Saturday from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
6. Ride the Waves at the Lawson Civic Centre wave pool. (Call 975-surf for wave pool times).
7. Pop some tricks and try out all 6 skateboard sites. (open 8:00 AM to dusk daily)
8. Check out the scene and take part in sports, movies, music, board games and video games at the summer youth centres.
9. Check out the newly renovated Mayfair pool! A variety of water features including a water slide!
10. Volunteer at with your local community association! Community Association Volunteers make friends, share their knowledge & expertise, get exercise or build their resume with positive work experience.
The Summer 2012 Mini Guide is your exclusive source to summer fun in Saskatoon! Check it out for a list of summer hot spots, fun activities and programs. The Summer 2012 Mini Guide will be delivered to Saskatoon households on June 10 and is also available for pick-up at any City of Saskatoon Leisure Centres.