Located at 311 21st Street East, the Land Titles Building was designated a heritage property on March 18, 1985.
Constructed in 1909 by Saskatoon architects, Storey & Van Egmond, this one-storey building is square and strong-looking, to reflect the importance and security of the land registration system. The use of brick and Tyndall stone, arched windows and sculptured reliefs make this Classical building very attractive. Inside, a vaulted plaster ceiling and marble wainscoting continue the Classical design. Smith Brothers and Wilson were the contractors for this building.
In 1924 a wing was added to the back of it. It continued to serve as a Land Titles building until 1987. In the mid-1990s, the Land Titles Building was sympathetically renovated and became home to the legal firm of Brayford and Shapiro.
Click here to find this property on a map.