Household Hazardous Waste Collection Days
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Days Location Update
In order to enhance convenience and improve the environmental effectiveness of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Days, effective January 2013, HHW Collection Days will be located at Credit Union Centre Parking Lot. Events will no longer be located at Envirotec's facility at 100 Cory Road.
Bring your household, automotive, lawn and garden chemicals in their original containers to Credit Union Centre (101 - 3515 Thatcher Ave.). Material collected will be recycled whenever possible.
The HHW program is open to Saskatoon residents only, and no commercial hazardous products of any kind will be accepted.
Products accepted between 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on the dates indicated below.
2013 Collection Dates at Credit Union Centre Parking Lot
The following materials are acceptable:
- Adhesives - contact cement, caulking, sealer, carpet and linoleum adhesives, glue
- Aerosols - hair spray, insect repellant, lubricant spray, furniture cleaner
- Automotive - used engine oil, used engine oil filters, antifreeze, batteries, carburetor cleaners, oil fuel, windshield cleaner
- Batteries - automotive, cellphone, dry-cell, NiCad, lithium, alkali, lead-acid
- Cleaners - oven cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, glass cleaner, spot remover, disinfectants, car wax
- Corrosives - drain cleaner, engine degreaser, ammonia, battery acid, sulfuric acid
- Fuels - gasoline, diesel, kerosene, lamp oil, oil/gas mixture
- Mercury - mercury, thermometers, thermostats, fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Oxidizers - chlorine, bleach, pool chemicals, fertilizers, hydrogen peroxide, septic tank chemicals
- Poisons - lawn herbicides, garden chemicals, rat poison, gopher killer, insecticides
- Pharmaceuticals - old prescription drugs, medicines (no sharps or biological waste)
- Propane Cylinders - barbeque cylinders, camp cylinders
- Solvents - paint thinner, acetone, varsol, alcohol, benzene, xylene, naphtha
- PLEASE NOTE:
- Paint - Paint is not accepted by Envirotec. Please see SARCAN's Saskatchewan Paint Recycling Program
Electronics - Electronics are not accepted by Envirotec. Please see SARCAN's Saskatchewan Waste Electronic Equipment Program (SWEEP) Please visit the Saskatchewan Waste Reduction Council's site for tips on non-toxic cleaning products.
Any questions about our Household Hazardous Waste program please contact us at email@example.com or call our Waste Stream Management Customer Service Line at 306-975-2486.