For Immediate Release: March 21, 2013
As a result of the blowing snow overnight, Saskatoon transit has had to take the necessary step of altering its service on some routes. The excessive amount of blowing snow in particular neighbourhoods is making roads impassible to Transit buses.
The affected routes are:
- Route 3 College Park: is not going down 108th St between U of S and Circle Dr.
- Route 3 was not going through 105th St to McKercher. (Went back to Central on 105th St, to College Dr then McKercher)
- Route 3 Riversdale: not using McLeod Ave. Buses are turning around on Fletcher.
- Route 4 Dundonald: is not going into Shaw Centre, staying on Betts Ave.
- Route 5 Briarwood is not doing the Briarwood Loop on the east end. It is using 8th St to Briargate Rd, west onto Briarwood Rd, south onto Briarvale Rd, west onto Briarwood Rd to Boychuk Dr, then back to regular route.
- Route 17 Stonebridge: East of Galloway Rd and Stonebridge Blvd, no service.
- Route 60 and route 90: Is not serving Nemeiben Rd between Boychuk Dr and Waterbury Rd.
- Route 70: not servicing the north end of Konihowski Rd from Somers Rd to the turnaround.
- Route 80: not going by St. Josephs and Centennial High Schools. Berini Dr and Attridge Dr is as close as Transit can get to St. Josephs High School and Centennial.
- Route 90 will not be able to use Slimmon Rd, east of the 4way stop with Herrold Rd.
Further updates will follow as required.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, or our City Blog. Click on the links at www.saskatoon.ca.