For both attached garage and detached garage lots, a maximum rebate of $2,000 is available for the early establishment of front yard landscaping on lots currently held in Saskatoon Land’s 2018 inventory in the Aspen Ridge, Evergreen, Hampton Village, Kensington, Parkridge and Rosewood neighbourhoods.
Landscaping Rebate Amounts ($)
- A maximum rebate of $2,000 is available for builders or individual lot purchasers for the completion of front yard landscaping within one year of the building permit issuance date.
- A maximum rebate of $1,000 is available for builders or individual lot purchasers for the completion of front yard landscaping within two years of the building permit issuance date.
- No rebate is available for front yard landscaping completed beyond two years of the building permit issuance date.
Landscaping Rebate Material Scope & Minimum
- The rebate material scope includes materials and services rendered for the installation of sod, artificial turf, topsoil, trees, shrubs, plant materials, hardscaped elements, irrigation components, and edging.
- To be eligible for this rebate, the following minimum standards apply:
a) Topsoil installed to a minimum depth of 4”
b) Sod (seeded lawns are not acceptable)
c) A minimum of one tree of a species suitable for Saskatoon’s climate and soil types must be planted in the front yard of the following minimum size:
- Deciduous trees must have a minimum 1 3/4” caliper measured 6” above ground; and
- Coniferous trees must be at a minimum 6’ in height.
Rebates for xeriscaped front yards will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of Saskatoon Land.
Community Tree Planting Program
Lot purchasers can request their preference of available tree species for the City-owned portion of their front and/or side yard. The yard must be up-to-grade before a tree request can be processed and the tree planting site must meet minimum spacing requirements and be cleared of all above and below ground utilities to be approved as a plant site. The homeowner is responsible for watering the new tree unless otherwise noted. Refer to the City of Saskatoon website at saskatoon.ca (services for residents/yard and garden/trees) for more information.
Rebate Terms and Conditions
- Applicant Eligibility
Landscaping rebate eligibility is open to builders or individuals who purchased the lot directly from Saskatoon Land.
Rebates are paid out once the lot has been paid in full.
- City Boulevards (Combined Walk & Curb)
To obtain the landscaping rebate for areas with combined walk and curb, the builders/homeowners are required to landscape up to the inside sidewalk edge.
- City Boulevards (Separate Walk & Curb)
To obtain the landscaping rebate for areas with separate walk and curb, proponents are required to landscape the space between the outer sidewalk edge and the curb-face, adjacent to the road top (boulevard).
- Front Yard Defined
With the exception of corner lots, the landscaping rebate is eligible to front yard landscaping work only. The front yard is defined as the area between the front building wall and inside sidewalk edge.
- Licensed Landscaping Contractor
The landscaping rebate is applicable to materials provided and services rendered by contractors holding a valid City of Saskatoon Business License, Contractor License or Non-resident Contractor License.
- Corner Lots
On corner lots, the landscaping rebate also applies to the side-yard which abuts the flanking street.
- Maximum Amounts
Notwithstanding the rebate schedule shown in Figure 1, in no case shall the rebate exceed the invoiced cost of the front yard landscaping work.