Administrative Coordinator Application Form
Transportation & Utilities
Temporary full-time for approximately 12 months
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 5:00 pm
- Provides administrative and executive support to the Director, Saskatoon Water Division.
- Supervises Division administrative staff to ensure consistent and efficient delivery of administrative services for the Division.
- Coordinates all administrative aspects of the Director’s office, including scheduling appointments and meetings, filing, processing mail and e-mail and task assignment tracking.
- Formats, edits and coordinates the submission of all public and in-camera Division reports prepared for the General Manager to City Council and its standing Committees so they comply with corporate standards.
- Oversees the records management system.
- Prepares, edits and circulates a variety of correspondence, including those of a confidential nature, on behalf of the Director and senior staff.
- Prepares information for the Director involving matters pertaining to labour relations and discipline.
- Prepares and distributes agendas and materials for designated management and committee meetings that the Director chairs or initiates. Takes minutes and provides administrative support pertaining to senior staff meetings or meetings of a confidential nature.
- Coordinates preparation, distribution and completion of the annual performance assessments of management and supervisory staff within the Division.
- Researches and assembles information pertaining to enquiries or questions initiated by the Director.
- Directs the development of internal and external correspondence or communications such as newsletters, annual reports, business plans, brochures, work plans, Water Quality reports, and Consumer Confidence reports so that they comply with Corporate Standards.
- Receives, screens and expedites telephone, written and in-person enquiries and determines appropriate action.
- Plans and coordinates special events for the Saskatoon Water Division.
- Performs the duties of the Secretary V, and other clerical positions within Transportation & Utilities, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from a recognized business college.
- Typing speed of 55 w.p.m.
- Four to six years’ related senior administrative/secretarial experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to research, compile and coordinate information with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with civic employees and the public.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public and other civic employees.
- Skill in the use of a computer with Microsoft Office software.
$46,598.88 to $54,758.88 per annum (2016 rates)