Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal
In celebration of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II marking the 70th anniversary of Her Accession to the Throne as Queen of Canada, a commemorative medal is being awarded by the Government of Saskatchewan.
The Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal (QPJM) recognizes outstanding Saskatchewanians of all ages and from all walks of life, who have built and continue to build a strong, vibrant society and province through their service, contributions, and achievements.
The City of Saskatoon has been invited to participate in the medal program and provide nominations to the Province after consideration by a confidential committee made up of Members of City Council.
The criteria for the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal (Saskatchewan) is broad. Recipients are to be of all ages, from all walks of life, provided that they have made a contribution to society.
Minimum criteria for the medal recipients:
• They are a resident of Saskatchewan or have a link to Saskatchewan (at the time of the grant of the medal);
• They have made a contribution to Canada, Saskatchewan, or to a particular region or community; and
• They were alive on February 6, 2022, the 70th anniversary of Her Majesty’s accession to the throne.
The nominations have closed for the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal (QPJM). Those who receive a medal will be notified.
Nominations will be accepted until October 31, 2022 using the public QPJM nomination form through any of the below:
- Online: use the form at bottom of this page
- Email: submit the nomination form to email@example.com
- In-person: drop-off the nomination form to the Customer Care Kiosk in City Hall Lobby (222 - 3rd Avenue north) during open hours Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Print copies also available for pick-up.)
After nominations close, a City Council subcommittee will provide their recommendation of medal recipients to the Province, who will make all final decisions on award. The program directs that nominations and members of any potential City subcommittee making recommendations are to remain confidential, and only those who ultimately receive a medal will be notified.
For more information about the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal, visit www.saskatchewan.ca/honoursawards.