Elected in 2016, Hilary is honoured to represent the eight diverse neighbourhoods that make up Ward 2. Born and raised in Saskatoon, Hilary studied at the University of Saskatchewan and later the University of Manitoba. She and her partner Arlin call the Caswell Hill neighbourhood home.
Hilary is passionate about health and equity and strives to support collective action for healthy community development. Prior to her election to City Council, Hilary was the Operations Manager at a not-for-profit agency promoting action on the social and economic roots of health inequities. Hilary is a dedicated volunteer, most recently engaging in mentorship for young women and girls through programs at organizations such as the Princess Shop and Girls Rock Camp Saskatoon. Hilary is also a proud grad of the Next Up program – a youth leadership program that promotes environmental and social justice.
City of Saskatoon Boards & Committees:
- Standing Policy Committee on Planning, Development and Community Services; Member
- Standing Policy Committee on Environment, Utilities and Corporate Services; Vice Chair
- Saskatoon Public Library Board; Member
- Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee; Member
- Saskatoon Accessibility Advisory Committee; Member
- Ideas Inc. Board of Directors; Member
- Saskatoon Housing Initiatives Partnership Board; Member
- Riversdale Business Improvement District Board; Member
Hilary is leading Council’s strategic priority area of Community Safety and Wellness. This work includes a focus on affordable housing, rental property issues, poverty alleviation, and crime and gang issues. She also maintains an attentive focus on progress toward a safe and convenient mix of transportation options in Saskatoon and progress toward sustainable and balanced residential development.
2017 Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) External appointments:
- Standing Committee on Community Safety & Crime Prevention; Member
- Standing Committee on Increasing Women’s Participation in Municipal Government; Member
- Standing Committee on Social-Economic Development; Member