Election Nomination Packages
When is the nomination period?
The nomination period for anyone seeking election or re-election for mayor, city councillor, or school board trustee is September 22 to October 7, 2020.
What is needed to qualify for nomination?
Nomination papers along with accompanying deposit and public disclosure statements will only be accepted.
When is nomination day?
Nomination day is October 7, 2020 and papers will be accepted until nominations close at 4:00 pm. Nomination papers and the $100 deposit must be submitted for mayor, councillor, public school board trustee, and Catholic school board trustee at the Election Office - 226 Cardinal Crescent.
Candidate Nomination Packages
Key Dates (2020)
- Jun 1 - Campaign expense period begins
- Sep 22 - Call for nominations
- Sep 25 - Election signs/posters can be erected
- Oct 7 at 4:00 pm - Nomination day
- Oct 8 at 4:00 pm - Withdrawal day
- Oct 30 - Advance polls begin
- Nov 9 - Election Day