Welcome! We’re pleased that you want to participate in discussions about area traffic concerns. We ask that you please read the following before posting any comments.
This is the City of Saskatoon’s Engage page for the 2019 Neighbourhood Traffic Review in Briarwood. This page is for residents of this neighbourhood inclusively, bound by 8th Street (north), Railroad (east), Boychuk Drive (west) and Taylor Street (south).
The Neighbourhood Traffic Review process works like this:
- The City gathers input from residents;
- City traffic engineers investigate the issues identified by residents, including gathering traffic counts and observing traffic behaviours;
- A comprehensive traffic plan is developed to address concerns;
- The traffic plan is shared at a public meeting and on this Engage page;
- The traffic plan is adopted and the City proceeds to implementing the measures identified within the plan (subject to budgetary approvals):
- Signage may be installed as early as the spring or summer after the report is finalized (pedestrian crosswalks, no parking, stop and yield, speed signs);
- Traffic calming measures may be temporarily installed as early as the spring or summer after the report is finalized, until proven effective. If proven effective, the measures will be installed permanently when funding is available;
- Sidewalks or any other permanent measures may be installed when funding is available.
You are encouraged to use this space to speak on area traffic concerns, but to do so respectfully. The City reserves the right to block, ban, or remove anyone from the Group who is threatening or abusive to others, or leaves inappropriate posts.
We look forward to great discussions in this space. Visit saskatoon.ca/NTR for more information about the City of Saskatoon Neighbourhood Traffic Review process.