You are here
To increase the accountability and transparency of our business plan and budget process and to adopt a longer-term view on financial planning, the City of Saskatoon is undertaking a new multi-year business plan and budget for the years 2020 and 2021.
Through this new approach, City Council’s Strategic Plan and City Council’s 10 Strategic Priorities of Focus will continue to drive the business planning and budget process, helping us to shape an even brighter future.
The City of Saskatoon has always budgeted on an annual basis. Why the change to a multi-year business plan and budget?
- A better alignment of the City’s longer-term goals and objectives through longer-term funding plans
- Improved financial stability, transparency and accountability over our investments and spending plan changes
- A more flexible allocation of our resources so we can accomplish more of our goals over time
- A greater certainty for residents about the future direction of property taxes in Saskatoon, and satisfaction of getting a high value for tax dollars
- A better alignment with funding from other orders of government, especially helpful in the planning of major infrastructure projects
The new multi-year business plan and budget will be even more citizen focused, with improved access to budget information so you can develop a greater understanding of the City’s programs, services, cost drivers and performance. Importantly, there will be numerous ongoing opportunities for public input through a variety of ways, and also for information sharing at community gathering places for those that might like to learn more about the City’s budget.