This posting has closed.
Department or Division: TCU Place
Term: Permanent full-time
- Manages assigned staff; hires, assigns work schedules, assesses staffing needs, identifies and pursues other resources if necessary and performs layoff and recall. Plans and approves staff development in consultation with the Director of Sales. Conducts performance management and, when required, disciplinary action.
- Initiates new sales amongst national, regional and local association markets and manages prominent sales accounts Creates sales presentations, packages, proposals and bids to generate new business.
- Coordinates ongoing, and creates new self-generated events to ensure they remain relevant, dynamic and experience continuous growth and improvement and participates on assigned special projects.
- Establishes and develops relationships with other organizations to solicit partnerships for new events and sales growth.
- Develops and implements marketing and publicity plan for self-sponsored events. Generates sponsorship opportunities, as required and assists with the development and distribution of promotional material
- Develops sales and customer service training programs for the sales staff and ensures training programs are effective and meet required business needs.
- Leads weekly sales meetings in order to generate ideas and revenue for TCU Place.
- Represents TCU Place at meetings, trades shows, sales trips, committees, and in other business activities as required. Travel is required.
- Communicates all relevant event information to outside organizations and to other TCU departments and staff.
- Performs the duties of the Director of Sales, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized, two-year, post-secondary diploma in business administration, marketing or other related program.
- Three years’ progressively responsible experience in sales, preferably in the convention, hospitality or meeting industries, including two years’ demonstrated supervisory experience.
- An equal combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of current procedures and methods for designing, developing and implementing advertising and marketing plans, materials and strategies.
- Knowledge of existing and potential client-bases throughout Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia and the national market.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to solicit sales by making cold calls and develop successful sales proposals, presentations and packages.
- Ability to organize and implement large or self-created events.
- Ability to read, understand and develop contracts and letters of agreement.
- Ability to manage time effectively to handle multiple tasks and events routinely.
- Ability to create budgets and business models.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of a computer with Microsoft Office applications.
- Skill in negotiating with various groups, individuals and companies.
Salary: $62,786.88 to $73,774.56 per annum (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: ESA 292