This posting has closed.
Department or Division: Construction & Design
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately two years
- Coordinates the planning, design and construction of municipal infrastructure projects and programs.
- Coordinates engineering site assessments and maintains records.
- Coordinates site inspections of construction projects to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
- Performs audits of construction sites to ensure compliance with specifications and Occupational Health & Safety requirements.
- Communicates with contractors, other civic departments and external agencies to provide contract administration and ensure compliance with Civic and Provincial standards, specifications and regulations.
- Reviews, and provides recommendations relating to technical specifications, construction materials and methods of construction.
- Assists with the tendering process for capital projects, including preliminary documents, construction estimates, detailed design drawing preparation, material selections and specification reviews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Degree in engineering.
Registered as an Engineer-in-Training in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
Experience in municipal construction and project management would be considered an asset.
Possession of a valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with civic staff, civic officials, representatives of other agencies and the public.
Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
Salary: $6,237.60 to $7,310.32 per month (2018 Rates)
Closing Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: SCMMA 222