This posting has closed.
Department or Division: Sustainability
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately five months
- Develops and delivers various corporate and community programs related to environmental initiatives such as energy and greenhouse gas reduction, waste reduction and recycling, and the protection of air, land, and water.
- Works closely with communications staff and contractors to facilitate the development of communication campaigns to support programs and communicate environmental messages. This may involve creating content, reviewing materials, updating the website, and delivering education at public events, community meetings, or exhibits.
- Monitors and measures environmental programs and other environmental performance metrics and develops, prepares, and presents reports.
- Acts as a liaison for Environmental and Corporate Initiatives with community associations, environmental organizations, City departments, and other agencies and organizations involved in environmental initiatives.
- Serves on various committees to elicit Saskatoon resident cooperation and participation in the implementation of various environmental programs and projects.
- Assists with securing project funding from both internal and external sources, this may include preparation of and reporting on grant applications and preparing internal reports and memos.
- Assists in the development of strategic and business plans on environmental and sustainability initiatives by working with consultants, advising on content, and facilitating reviews and advice from other City staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in a related field.
- Four years’ experience in the environmental management field.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating safe driving record.
- Knowledge of sustainability principles.
- Knowledge of research, planning and evaluation processes as they relate to environmental projects and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including preparing and presenting complex technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with civic staff, civic officials, representatives of other agencies and the public.
- Skill in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Skill in the operation of a computer with Microsoft Office software.
Salary: $5,801.70 to $6,396.40 per month (2018 Rates)
Closing Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59