This posting has closed.
Department or Division: Information Technology
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately one year
- Prepares proposals and recommendations for management action.
- Supports and implements computer based systems within the Corporation. Writes and modifies computer programs using the appropriate development and support tools.
- Prepares test data to verify the accuracy and completeness of new and modified systems, jobs and programs.
- Prepares and modifies system, job, program and operating documentation according to Corporate standards.
- Responds to, and resolves, system and production failures, as required.
- Performs project roles as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT trends, procedures and standards.
- Provides training, advice and guidance to staff, as required.
- Assists with the development of Corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in computer science plus four years' progressively responsible experience in Information Technology.
Successful completion of a recognized, two-year, post-secondary computer technology or business systems program plus six years' progressively responsible experience in Information Technology.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record
- Skill using Microsoft Windows and relational databases.
- Skill using client/server and n-tier development tools and methodologies.
- Considerable knowledge and skill in the operation and capabilities of computer architectures.
- Knowledge of the principles and applications of data-processing documentation.
- Knowledge and skill using project management tools and techniques, and the ability to participate in all project roles.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including preparing and conducting presentations.
- Demonstrated customer services skills, including the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skill in the use and support of Microsoft Office Suite, PowerBuilder, .Net and SQL.
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem-solving.
Salary: $74,004.72 to $77,511.84 per annum (2018 Rates)
Closing Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59