This posting has closed.
Accounting Clerk 12
Department or Division: Finance
Term: Permanent full-time
- Verifies and assembles suppliers' invoices and supporting documents for amounts owing by the City of Saskatoon and prepares related data for entry into the Corporate accounts payable system. Ensures all accounts payable documents have accounted for all relevant taxes (i.e. GST, PST, etc.) and contacts governing bodies for clarification, as required.
- Conducts final review of, and approves, documents before entry into the Corporate general ledger system.
- Enters data into Corporate accounts payable system and generates required balancing reports.
- Ensures that documents for the accounts payable and general ledger systems are processed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Prepares and processes a variety of accounts payable transactions, including departmental purchase orders, payment requisitions and automatic payment vouchers.
- Balances the monthly general ledger with all recorded expenditures. Initiates code corrections, if needed, and verifies correct general ledger coding.
- Answers enquiries from suppliers and City departments, and maintains supplier statements, as required.
- Tests new software releases and recommends changes.
- Maintains Corporate vendor list which is used in accounts payable, work order, purchasing and inventory systems.
- Produces a variety of correspondence, documents, spreadsheets and reports.
- Assists in the assembly and formatting of annual corporate financial statements and supporting documents, including reconciling corporate bank accounts.
- Assists with the training of new staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Successful completion of a recognized one year post-secondary business related program, plus or including:
Introductory Accounting 1
Introductory Accounting 2
Intermediate Accounting 1
Intermediate Accounting 2
Management Accounting 1
Management Accounting 2
- Five years’ related experience.
- Knowledge of automated accounts payable and general ledger systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other civic employees and the public.
- Demonstrated skill in the design and use of spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of office equipment including a computer with word processing and spreadsheet software and/or Microsoft Office Suite.
Salary: $4,805.48 to $5,298.04 per month (2018 Rates)
Closing Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59