This posting has closed.
Engineering Manager (Internal)
Department or Division: Saskatoon Light & Power
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately two years
- Manages assigned staff, hires, assigns work schedules, assesses staffing needs, identifies and pursues other resources if necessary. Plans and approves stafF development. Responsible for performance management and disciplinary action when required.
- Directs and schedules engineering and technical staff in preparing the design specifications and drawings for all capital projects and major operating projects.
- Directs and schedules technical staff in providing inspection, clearance, locate, and recording services on all projects.
- Develops and implements standards and specifications for the supply of materials, equipment, and contract services for the various projects.
- Manages engineering and technical staff involved in customer connections, protection coordination, and communication infrastructure.
- Prepares, presents, and directs the preparation of technical reports.
- Prepares written and oral reports in response to inquiries from City Council, Committees of Council, Senior Administration and the public.
- Prepares the annual five-year capital budget plan for the Utility, including the preparation of documentation, the supervision of cost estimates, collation of internal records and the preparation of project justification reports.
- Assists with the preparation of the operating budget.
- Directs the preparation of work orders for various projects.
- Directs technical staff in providing drafting services, GIS/mapping services, record keeping services, and information technology.
- Directs engineering and technical staff involved in commissioning tests of new and repaired systems and facilities.
- Ensures that technical and engineering staff have opportunities for development through attending various courses, seminars, conferences and technical meetings.
- Performs emergency standby duty on a rotational basis.
- Acts as a liaison with SaskPower regarding utility interconnection issues and standard operating practices.
- Acts as the Director, Saskatoon Light & Power, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in electrical engineering.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a professional engineer in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
- Seven to nine years' experience in various aspects of electric utility operations with considerable supervisory responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of electrical engineering.
- Considerable knowledge of electrical utility engineering methods, techniques, materials used in the construction and maintenance of transmission, distribution, substation, network and street lighting facilities.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including the preparation and presentation of technical reports.
- Ability to plan, direct, coordinate, monitor, motivate and evaluate the work of professional, technical, trades and non-trades staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with civic staff, civic officials, representatives of other agencies and the public.
Salary: $108,204.24 to $127,139.52 per annum (2016 Rates)
Closing Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: ESA 292