This posting has closed.
Summer/Seasonal: Ride Operator
Department or Division: Recreation & Community Development
Term: Multiple temporary part-time available positions
- Operates rides in an efficient, safe manner; collects tickets; and assists patrons on to and off from the equipment safely.
- Interacts with the public to provide information and assistance, in a pleasant and courteous manner, to contribute to a positive, fun experience.
- Performs daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment. Assists with the routine maintenance of the equipment, as required.
- Maintains the facility in a clean, safe and healthy condition.
- Assists with administrative duties necessary for the operation of the program.
- Assists with regular evaluations of the program, as required.
- Monitors activities and enforces regulations to ensure the safety and well-being of participants.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- One year's post-secondary education in recreation technology, physical education or education preferred.
- One season’s experience in recreation programming.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, valid recognized first aid and CPR certificates.
- Knowledge of the theory and principles of recreation program planning.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
Salary: $18.53 to $20.43 per hour (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Friday, February 21, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59