This posting has closed.
Summer/Seasonal: Playground (Weekday & Weekend) Leaders
Department or Division: Recreation & Community Development
Term: Temporary part-time for approximately two months
- Plans, delivers and evaluates a balanced recreation program incorporating a variety of activities for children and youth.
- Adapts activities based on skill, age or number of participant at any given time.
- Prepares activity plans incorporating a balanced recreation program based on weekly themes that meet the needs of the target group.
- Coordinates and completes all required reports accurately and on time.
- Uses the appropriate leadership style based on activity and needs of participants.
- Ensures a safe play environment and, where applicable, monitors the paddling pool in accordance with Public Health standards.
- Performs various daily maintenance and cleaning duties in relation to operation of the paddling pool, spray pool, washrooms, and/or dry program areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12
- Successful completion of one year of post-secondary education in recreation/leisure, physical education, early childhood development, education or related field, preferred.
- One year’s experience working with children and/or youth.
- Possession of a valid, recognised first aid certificate and CPR level C.
- Knowledge of the theory and principles of recreation program planning, growth and development with regard to children and youth.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to facilitate and lead participation in recreation programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public in a friendly and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
- Demonstrated skill in creative program planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
Dates of Employment:
June 27 to August 25, 2020
Salary: $17.38 to $19.16 per hour (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Friday, February 21, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59