This posting has closed.
Summer/Seasonal: Recreation Technician 8 (Summer Program Coordinator)
Department or Division: Recreation & Community Development
Term: Temporary part-time positions for approximately three months
- Implement and monitors activities, scheduled for the program site, in accordance with the directives identified in the program plan, activity plan, High Five PHCD, and Quest.
- Monitors the quality of all aspects of activities delivered either by the Department or in cooperation with external agencies in order to maintain customer satisfaction and ensure technical standards are met.
- Assists with the leadership and development of program staff which may include: orientation, training and directing, mentoring, coaching and leading by example.
- Works collaboratively with and receives direction from the program design team throughout the program planning cycle.
- Assists with preparing the site for various programs and events, providing support to meet operational needs for example set-up, staffing, maintaining program equipment.
- Carry out orientation/ training programs for program staff as assigned.
- Provides interpretation of program and rental policies and procedures for the public and staff.
- Deals with customers and employees to resolve issues, respond to enquiries and resolve conflict.
- Assists with activity evaluation by compiling statistics, providing rationale, and preparing recommendations for program operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- One year of post-secondary education in kinesiology, recreation and leisure or a related field.
- Three months related experience in the delivery of playground or youth centre programs, aquatic, sport and/or recreation programs preferred.
- Possession of valid recognized standard first aid and CPR certificates.
- Ability to successfully complete in-house training. (e.g. HIGH FIVE, WHMIS, OH&S)
- Knowledge of the theory, philosophy, standards, trends, and practises of recreation program planning, particularly in a municipal setting.
- Knowledge of the methods of evaluation related to aquatic, fitness, and recreation programs.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the delivery of playground/youth centre programs, aquatic, sport and/or recreation programs.
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively orally and in writing to staff and public.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, peers, supervisor, volunteers, and the public.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in program delivery.
- Skill in the operation of a computer with word-processing and spreadsheet software.
Dates of Employment:
June 1 to August 28, 2020
Salary: $23.13 to $25.50 per hour (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Friday, February 21, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59