This posting has closed.
Customer Service Representative
Department or Division: Corporate Revenue
Term: Temporary part-time for approximately six months
- Receives and processes applications, transfers and disconnection requests for utility services from customers at the counter, by telephone and through correspondence.
- Responds to written, telephone and in-person enquiries regarding property taxes, e.g. levy calculations, legal descriptions, liens and tax certificate processing.
- Responds to written, telephone and in-person customer enquiries and complaints regarding utility billing and related issues, such as Equalized Payment Plan and direct debit.
- Responds to written, telephone and in-person customer enquiries and complaints regarding parking tickets.
- Processes business licence applications, responds to related enquiries, collects fees and issues licences in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responds to enquiries and complaints related to the Traffic, Animal Control and Noise Bylaws.
- Processes applications for parking permits.
- Assists with the training of new staff, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized business college
- Graduation from a recognized, one year, post-secondary business related program.
- Typing speed of 55 words per minute.
- Four years' progressively responsible experience resolving concerns of external customers and processing automated transaction data.
- Knowledge of office principles, procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures such as bank reconciliation and ledger balancing.
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret various City bylaws and Provincial acts.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully and effectively with customers.
- Ability to research, analyse and interpret information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to solve problems independently.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment, including a computer with Windows software.
Salary: $4,606.24 to $5,078.36 per month (2018 rates) (pro-rated for part-time)
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59