This posting has closed.
Summer/Seasonal: Urban Biological Services Labourer
Department or Division: Parks
- Monitors the population of mosquitoes, Dutch elm disease, and other insects and diseases.
- Applies pesticides for various pest control operations and ensures that all products are stored, handled and used according to the appropriate Federal and Provincial legislation.
- Operates and performs minor repairs to a variety of equipment used in mosquito control and other pest management operations.
- Supports and promotes a safe and positive workplace culture through a variety of initiatives and activities.
- Supports and promotes the health and safety of employees in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations in addition to the City of Saskatoon’s Administrative Occupational Health & Safety Policies and departmental procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Possession of a valid Mosquito and Biting Fly or Landscape Class, Saskatchewan Pesticide Applicator Licence.
- Three months' related horticultural/agricultural experience.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties under a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and civic employees.
- Ability to use a variety of handheld equipment and tools.
Salary: $18.53 to $20.43 per hour (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59