This posting has closed.
Traffic Operations Technologist
Department or Division: Transportation
- Responds to written, telephone and in-person inquiries and complaints from citizens relating to traffic and transportation. Investigates and analyses the complaints and implements suggested resolutions Documents and reports on monthly customer inquiries, including interpreting the results.
- Conducts transportation specific surveys of the public and external agencies by a variety of methods, e.g. written, telephone and in-person.
- Issues permits for the use of City right-of-way, driveway access permits, and over-dimensional vehicles as required.
- Reviews permit applications for appropriate access.
- Performs technical field inspections of projects as assigned, records field notes, performs calculations from field survey information to determine construction progress.
- Reviews detailed plans, drawings, maps and charts, using a variety of materials such as photographs, site inspections and survey notes, for conformity with specifications and bylaws; collects technical data, performs calculations.
- Supports and provides training to new team members on inspection protocol and procedures for current infrastructure construction projects as required.
- Assists Engineering staff with project administration and operational studies. Tracks, monitors and manages cost accounts related to the work.
- Provides basic support services for traffic data collection on the City’s roadways. Assists with all aspects of traffic monitoring.
- Performs investigations and analyses; prepares written reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from a recognized, two-year, post-secondary civil or transportation engineering technology program.
- Three years' related experience in the transportation field with a focus on customer service
- Possession of, or eligibility for, Saskatchewan Applied Science Technologist and Technicians certification as an Applied Science Technologist (A.Sc.T.)
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of engineering techniques and procedures related to the operation of traffic facilities.
- Knowledge of civic and department policies.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, plans and related data.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as cooperatively with others.
- Skill in the use and care of transportation related equipment and of a computer with word-processing, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel and Access.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
Salary: $4,606.24 to $5,078.36 per month (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59