This posting has closed.
Traffic Signal Technician
Department or Division: Transportation
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately eight months
- Installs, removes, maintains and repairs traffic signal control equipment and systems.
- Maintains and repairs various electrical and electronic equipment, such as traffic counters, time clocks, scoreboards, public address systems, traffic signal loops, communication lines and other miscellaneous electronic equipment.
- Performs duties at various heights using an aerial bucket, ladder or platform.
- Ensures adherence to proper work procedures, safety standards, construction standards and other specifications.
- Revises maintenance records, as required.
- Participates in safety and first aid programs and in tools and equipment inspection and testing.
- Maintains all tools and equipment pertaining to the trade.
- Participates in a Standby rotation to provide 24 hours per day, 7 days per week emergency service.
- Operates auger-equipped digger derrick truck
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education, including Math B30 (Algebra 30), Math C30 (Geo-Trigonometry 30) and Physics 30.
- Completion of the I.B.E.W. Journeyman Traffic Signal Technician Apprenticeship program.
- Successful completion of a recognized, two-year, post-secondary electronic engineering technology program plus two years’ experience with traffic signal control equipment and systems;
- Certification, as an Applied Science Technologist by Saskatchewan Applied Science Technologists and Technicians
- Possession of a Saskatchewan Journeyman Electrician Certificate
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within 1 year, a valid Saskatchewan Class 1A Driver’s Licence.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices related to the installation and repair of traffic signal control equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of the theoretical and practical aspects of electronics.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability, including complete colour vision, to perform the assigned duties outside under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to operate a digger derrick and bucket truck.
Salary: $39.22 per hour (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: IBEW 319