This posting has closed.
Operations Assistant III (Waste Stream Management) (Acting as Required) (Internal)
Department or Division: Water & Waste Operations
Term: Permanent full-time
- Types a variety of correspondence and documents.
- Responds to general solid waste enquiries, in person, in writing, or by telephone. Directs other enquiries to the appropriate party.
- Distributes incoming mail.
- Maintains the office filing system.
- Assists with compiling reports, agendas etc.
- Enters and maintains data using spreadsheet and database software.
- Performs photocopying duties.
- Assists with routine business activities, e.g. billing and route-planning activities.
- Maintains a log of enquiries and complaints.
- Develops and maintains a library system.
- Records minutes of meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from a recognized business college.
- Two years’ related office experience.
- Typing speed of 55 w.p.m.
- Successful completion of, or ability to complete successfully, recognized customer service training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of solid waste management collection processes and practices.
- Knowledge of current office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, contractors, and civic employees.
- Ability to deal courteously, tactfully, and effectively with customers.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment, including a computer with word-processing, spreadsheet and database software.
Water & Waste Operations is transitioning to enforcement of operator certifications for many of their positions. As of December 1, 2020, these certifications will be required in advance of applying for a position – “must bring”. Between now and then, we encourage you to apply – you may be awarded the position as “ability to obtain” and will be given opportunity to train and gain the certifications while on the job.
Questions? Contact your Section manager and your Union.
Salary: $26.97 to $28.30 per hour (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 859