This posting has closed.
Communications Consultant II
Department or Division: Communications & Public Engagement
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately 18 months
This position develops and directs internal and external communication initiatives and strategies that support City of Saskatoon strategic goals and objectives.
- Develops, manages, implements and evaluates long and short-term communication, marketing and media relations strategies for civic departments and divisions.
- Acts as a consultant to departmental management and other representatives to identify and resolve public, and internal, communication issues and opportunities.
- Identifies emerging issues and develops and implements effective and timely communication and social media strategies.
- Plans and directs special events, news conferences, and related programs for the general public, employees, media, other orders of government, and other stakeholders.
- Analyzes emerging communications trends and recommends appropriate strategies for their use.
- Participates in the coordination of crisis communications.
- Moderates messaging and strategies for the corporate and social media sites.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in marketing, public relations, communications or journalism.
- Four to six years’ related experience in a public relations, communications or journalism role, including experience in project management and strategic communications.
- Membership, or eligibility for membership, in the Canadian Public Relations Society or the International Association of Business Communicators, accreditation preferred.
- Knowledge of website and social media design and management.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision-making under strict time constraints and competing priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within the organization and community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive information.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in the use of a smart phone and computer using word-processing, desktop publishing and social media programs and software.
Salary: $74,851.20 to $87,723.84 per annum (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Monday, October 12, 2020 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: SCMMA 222