This posting has closed.
Business Continuity Manager
Division or Department: Saskatoon Fire
Term: Temporary full-time for 1 year
This position provides leadership, governance and guidance in support of the City’s resiliency through development, implementation, and ongoing management of the Corporate Business Continuity Management Program. Additionally, to provide leadership with community partners, business and non-profit groups within Saskatoon to build community resiliency.
- Manages all aspects related to the implementation of the City of Saskatoon Business Continuity Management Framework and governance to facilitate response to a planned/unplanned events that disrupts the use of business activities.
- Provides leadership, support and mentorship to internal stakeholders, as required.
- Develops and maintains a business continuity policy, strategy and program objectives, in collaboration with City leadership, and operational and service departments.
- Manages and coordinates the development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the Business Continuity Program.
- Liaises with internal program users, other municipalities, associations and external stakeholders to ensure that the City’s quality management processes and activities align with organizational needs and industry best practices.
- Develops and administers internal training programs based on identified training needs related to the business continuity program.
- In collaboration with departments and divisions, delivers and participates in a City of Saskatoon emergency response and business continuity exercise plan.
- Drafts appropriate policies and procedures related to a City-wide Business Continuity Management Framework.
- Ensures the Business Continuity Management Framework aligns with the overall Emergency Management requirements and associated recovery strategies.
- Lead and embed a continuous improvement processes to support Business Continuity Management.
- Establishes key performance indicators and other governance and compliance requirements for business continuity and critical infrastructure management.
- Develops, coordinates and manages project budgets.
- Prepares written and oral reports in response to stakeholder and corporate enquiries, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University degree with a focus on Business Management, Business Continuity, Emergency Management or related discipline.
- Four to six years of directly related experience within a large and complex organization which includes collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on leading the planning and execution of projects, in business continuity.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of business continuity management, including the development of business impact analysis (BIA), recovery strategies, business continuity plans, plan readiness capabilities, testing and maintenance, and continuity program governance.
- Ability to build consensus, generate common understanding and create shared vision in an environment of diverse stakeholders and interests.
- Familiarity with Business Continuity Standards would be an asset.
- Innovative problem-solving skills with the proven ability to exercise flexibility and judgement.
- Possession of a valid, Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Accountability – Takes personal ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments and departmental commitments to achieve results. Follows City of Saskatoon guidelines, standards, regulations and principles. Demonstrates reliability and integrity on a daily basis.
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to new and changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Embraces change while developing innovative and creative solutions to emerging issues and opportunities. Applies versatility, reasoning and innovativeness in the face of change.
- Collaboration – Demonstrates flexibility in new and changing situations. Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Gets others excited about and committed to furthering the corporation’s objectives. Participates actively in group activities and fosters a collaborative work environment.
- Embraces Diversity – Is sensitive to cultural and other differences in others and responds accordingly.
- Effective Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity to a variety of audiences (citizens, colleagues, management). Is an active listener and engages the audience to ensure the message is delivered and understood. Creates a positive first impression with confidence and respect.
- Service Orientation – Gives superior service to internal and external customers (citizens, City Councillors, stakeholders, management and colleagues), with a focus on meeting citizen’s needs. Builds value in the work conducted and in results achieved.
- Engagement – Mobilizing employees, citizens, and partners. Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, empower and mobilize individuals and groups to work toward a shared purpose in the best interests of the organization and the City of Saskatoon. Builds and maintains high level of credibility with staff, partners and/or citizens.
- Pragmatic Decision Maker – Recognizes priorities and changing approaches. Shows common sense and intuitive judgment abilities to analyze and synthesize a wide array of subjective and objective information to recommend appropriate short term and long term direction and goals for their department or division.
- Turning Strategy into Action – Analyzes and interprets the strategic organizational direction, has a firm understanding of the vision, mission, values and objectives of the workplace, applies these to develop responsibilities, tasks, goals and implement initiatives that align with long term plans and growth. Reflects on past experience, organizational practices and processes in order to determine the correct course of action.
- Team Building – Understands and applies concepts and techniques to build and support effective work teams. Sets the tone and standards for team behaviors.
- Political Acumen – Politically astute and sensitive to City Council's issues. Maintains and develops relationships inside and outside of the organization to ensure best practices and enhance general knowledge.
- Innovation Management – Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work and how to operationalize them. Is deliberate in encouraging the creative process in others.
Salary: $80,819.28 to $94,963.20 per annum (2019 rates)
Closing Date: Monday, May 10, 2021 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: ESA 292