This posting has closed.
Senior Assessment Appraiser
Division or Department: Corporate Revenue
Term: Permanent Full-Time
- Supervises, trains and guides assigned staff in the inspection and valuation of properties.
- Leads the valuation and response for complex appraisal assignments, including preparing assessed value estimates for the public and external and internal stakeholders.
- Develops and evaluates the quality of mass appraisal models and other statistical analysis for all residential and commercial/industrial properties, including consulting with stakeholders to ensure that valuation model develops acceptable results.
- Identifies and coordinates the review of data quality, including investigating and providing feedback and direction to staff assigned.
- Tests the functionality and accuracy of mass appraisal software.
- Participates in the assessment appeals process, including supervising the gathering and presenting of evidence to the Board of Revision and the Saskatchewan Municipal Board. Acts as an advocate and/or witness, as required.
- Prepares and summarizes information for the statutory audit required by the Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency.
- Assists in the review and development of plans and improvement projects for Assessment and Valuation to ensure that procedures and processes are time efficient and cost effective.
- Identifies and provides technical assistance related to valuation policy and guidance on issues of taxation exemptions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in statistics, mathematics or related field or an AACI designation from the Appraisal Institute of Canada, plus 6 years’ progressively responsible experience in assessment appraisal or related field
- Diploma in Urban Land Economics, specializing in assessment or appraisal or possession of CAE designation from the International Association of Assessing Officers or other recognized valuation designation, plus 8 years progressively responsible experience in assessment appraisal or related field.
- Possession of License (LAAS) through the Saskatchewan Assessment Appraisers Association.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of appraisal and mass appraisal theory, assessment valuation methodologies and mass appraisal techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of Municipal, Provincial and Federal legislation and regulations pertaining to assessments, including relevant case law.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and internal and external stakeholders, including the Board of Revision and Saskatchewan Municipal Board.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing, including the ability to prepare and present reports of a technical nature.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and make decisions in accordance with established policies, procedures and legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a field environment, including inspecting properties at all stages of construction.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex statistical analysis and modelling.
- Ability to perform SQL programming and mapping in ArcGIS. Ability to effectively plan, organize, schedule and supervise the work of assigned staff.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of a computer with Microsoft Office suite, computer-assisted mass appraisal system, statistical software, and other relevant corporate systems including CIS and GIS.
Salary: $83,168.88 to $91,693.20 per year (2021 rates)
Closing Date: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59