This posting has closed.
Junior Access and Privacy Officer
Division or Department: Saskatoon Police Service
Term: Temporary Full-Time for approximately four months; may become permanent
- Receives and respond to requests for information from the public, the media, researchers, lawyers, provincial and federal government agencies.
- Assists with identifying records which are excluded from LA FOIP and determine whether access can be provided outside the LA FOIP process.
- Clarifies requests with applicants, obtain necessary consents and additional pertinent documents.
- Identifies and provides notification to third parties who may be affected by the potential release of the requested records and transfer requests to other public bodies as required.
- Responds to queries from the public and SPS personnel regarding the right to access personal information under LA FOIP and the procedures for obtaining access to SPS records.
- Assists with the coordination of record retrieval and delivery from within various sections of SPS.
- Acts as a resource for SPS employees in relation to their responsibilities under LA FOIP and SPS Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in a related field with one year’s experience in a municipal government or other public sector environment in the information access and privacy field OR graduation from a recognized two year diploma program in information management or a related field with three years’ experience in a municipal government or other public sector environment in the information access and privacy field.
- Certification through the Canadian Institute of Access and Privacy Professionals and/or the Privacy and Access Council of Canada or possess the Information Access and Protection of Privacy Certificate would be an asset.
- Knowledge in the interpretation and application of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and The Police Act, 1990 and Regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of access to information and privacy principles and records and information management concepts, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to make well-informed recommendations and decisions based on relevant legislation, bylaws, policies and practices, and case law.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, accountability and integrity in administering the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Program.
- Demonstrated planning, project management, research, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and meet legislated timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to be thorough and efficient, results driven and service oriented in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships externally and internally.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
Salary: $72,483.60 to $85,168.56 per annum (2019 rates)
Closing Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: ESA 292