This posting has closed.
Accounting Clerk 12
Division or Department: TCU Place
Term: Permanent Full-Time
TCU PLACE CORE VISION, MISSION AND VALUES:
TCU Place has a strong and vibrant 53-year history in Saskatoon and is one of the premiere theatres / convention spaces in Canada. Making a positive impact in our community is at the heart of everything we do. In addition to contributing to our region’s economy, we also connect the community through arts, business, and culture. Our vision is to Lead The Way…Connect…Celebrate…Energize…Enrich.
How we work together is extremely important to consider in deciding if this is the career option for you. We are looking for a skilled team player that shares the following values:
- Passion for Service: We are passionate about serving others and creating signature experiences.
- Accountability: We acknowledge and own up to our responsibilities and seek to exceed expectations.
- Innovation: We look for ways to make things better, more efficient, and more memorable.
- Integrity: We are ethical and transparent in every aspect of our work.
- People Centered: We care deeply for our community and our team. We work in a culture of warmth and belonging where everyone is welcome.
TCU Place has an exciting permanent full time opportunity on our finance team, performing critical functions for our organization. You will be able to perform all tasks related to payroll, A/R, A/P, supporting financial month-end reporting, and many other accounting activities. This position reports to our Director of Finance and works directly with all team members and departments at TCU Place. This position is perfect for a recent graduate with an Accounting Degree/Diploma with 5 years in an accounting role, or someone looking to move from public practice to put your skills to good use in a team environment.
You will be a member of the TCU Place Finance Team of 3, working from our office in downtown Saskatoon. You are comfortable working on your own and comfortable working closely with others.
- Enters cash receipts into the database and prepares bank deposits.
- Matches and codes invoices with purchase orders, enters all accounts payable into the accounting system and issues cheques.
- Exports and organizes data from ticketing, bar sheets and payroll systems to the accounting system.
- Verifies and issues invoices for events and corporate suites, settlements for theatre shows.
- Reconciles all events completed within the month and enters the event contribution statements into the database.
- Prepares and records journal entries and monthly internal financial statements.
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards.
- Process time and attendance for all employees on a weekly basis for all salaried and hourly employees in accordance with the applicable collective agreements and Employment Standard Legislation.
- Maintains, verifies, and reconciles a variety of spreadsheets related to payroll including employee sick and vacation accrual and usage, increments and overtime.
- Assists and supports with the year end audit and budgeting process.
- Assists with the liquor and concession inventory counts and reconciliations, including any adjusting entries.
- Complies, verifies, and prepares GST, PST, and LCT returns within the required timelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Successful completion of a recognized one year post-secondary business-related program plus or including:
Introductory Accounting 1
Introductory Accounting 2
Intermediate Accounting 1
Intermediate Accounting 2
Management Accounting 1
Management Accounting 2
- Five years' related experience
- Knowledge of SAP (Payroll), Ungerboeck and Audienceview or other ticketing systems would be considered an asset.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel (specifically pivot tables and charts).
- Ability to interpret and to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with an ability to multi-task and set priorities to meet deadlines.
Please advise that the position may be filled before the closing date of this posting. TCU Place is an employment equity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Salary: $60,567.84 to $66,775.68 per annum (2019 rates)
Closing Date: Friday, July 16, 2021 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59