This posting has closed.
Accounting Coordinator I
Division or Department: Finance
Term: Permanent Full-Time
This position manages the accounts payable functions for the Finance Division.
- Hires, supervises, trains and evaluates performance of staff, in the assigned work unit.
- Oversees and ensures day to day integrity of corporate accounts payable financial systems, processes and policies, including reconciliations and maintenance.
- Provides expertise and support to required system changes such as the City’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project as a subject matter expert. This includes leading the changes and process development for the City’s future ERP.
- Participates in the development and implementation of financial systems, for integration with various internal and external systems, ensuring integration with corporate systems, internal controls and technological enhancement standards are met.
- Ensures the accuracy and compliance of the information contained within the City’s annual Public Accounts document.
- Provides consultation and support to other corporate departments/divisions regarding corporate accounts payable policies.
- Analyzes and reconciles various general ledger accounts, bank reconciliations and corporate cash systems.
- Participates in staff training related to the implementation of financial systems and accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Assists Purchasing Division with policy and procedure reviews and general corporate compliance of civic policies and bylaws.
- Assists with the administration of corporate GST and PST tax systems and ensures compliance with existing federal and provincial tax acts.
- Assists with external audits, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in related discipline (Accounting, Finance, etc.).
- Possession of a professional accounting designation; i.e. CPA
- Four to six years progressively responsible related experience in accounts payable, financial and management analysis and reporting.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of accounts payable processes, including GST, PST and other applicable legislation.
- Experience in an ERP system implementation or processing environment is considered an asset
- Considerable knowledge of business process analysis and system design and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accounting and financial reports.
- Ability to direct and support staff to achieve identified results.
- Ability to provide leadership and empowerment to achieve results through others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to be accountable for personal performance and the performance of staff.
- Ability to negotiate agreements through problem-solving, consensus, stakeholder involvement and dialogue.
- Ability to express ideas and concepts effectively, orally and writing, including the ability to prepare and present oral and written reports of a specialized nature.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Windows word-processing and spreadsheet software.
Salary: $74,851.20 to $87,723.84 per annum (2018 rates)
Closing Date: Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: SCMMA 222