This posting has closed.
Inventory Clerk - Internal
Division or Department: TCU Place
Term: Permanent Part-Time
TCU PLACE CORE VISION, MISSION AND VALUES:
TCU Place has a strong and vibrant 53 year history in Saskatoon, and is one of the premiere theatres / convention spaces in Canada. Making a positive impact in our community is at the heart of everything we do. In addition to contributing to our region’s economy, we also connect the community through arts, business, and culture. Our vision is to Lead The Way…Connect…Celebrate…Energize…Enrich.
How we work together is extremely important to consider in deciding if this is the career option for you. We are looking for a skilled leader that shares the following values:
- Passion for Service: We are passionate about serving others and creating signature experiences.
- Accountability: We acknowledge and own up to our responsibilities and seek to exceed expectations.
- Innovation: We look for ways to make things better, more efficient, and more memorable.
- Integrity: We are ethical and transparent in every aspect of our work.
- People Centered: We care deeply for our community and our team. We work in a culture of warmth and belonging where everyone is welcome.
TCU Place is looking for detailed oriented and processed oriented member to join the team as a Inventory Clerk. This position is responsible for purchasing, storing, distribution and managing all concession, beverage and bar service items. This is permanent part time position with 20 hours a week. This person will be required to work during hours during the day and the evening and attend some events.
- Plans and determines weekly event requirements based on requests from Event Coordinators.
- Purchases, receives, stores and manages concessions and all beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and bar service items
- Develops optimal order quantities and ensures effective inventory levels through the monitoring of stock.
- Works with sponsors to ensure beverage orders and other specialty items align with agreements.
- Works closely with suppliers to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Performs physical inventory count monthly and participates in annual audit and reports on inventory levels using the software system.
- Maintains inventory levels, types and pricing and reconciles sales and usage of C&B inventory on a per event basis using spreadsheet applications in the software system.
- Responsible for ensuring all permits including event specific permits meet the SLGA regulations.
- Develops standard operating procedures for inventory management relating to storages, end of shift requirements and safeguards around inventory theft and access.
- Fills Backstage requirements as per riders.
- Attends weekly event meetings
- Successful completion of a recognized one-year post-secondary business-related program.
- Two years’ related experience in inventory control and/or purchasing.
- Knowledge of concession, safe food handling, bar services inventory and cash-handling procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in decision-making.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate with minimal supervision.
- Data entry experience with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with a Microsoft Word and Excel and other data entry software systems.
Salary: $20.67 - $22.7853 per hr (2021 rates)
Closing Date: Friday, October 15, 2021 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59