This posting has closed.
Accounting Clerk 7 (Internal)
Division: Saskatoon Police Service
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately six months
- Collects, verifies, and processes payments for a variety of services and police functions. Prepares cash receipts.
- Prepares and processes payment requisitions for a variety of authorized requests. Signs payment requisitions for authorized requests not exceeding $5,000.00.
- Prepares and records invoices for a variety of services.
- Processes purchase orders, ensuring receipt of goods and appropriate distribution of charges.
- Controls and records the disbursement of petty cash.
- Reviews, assembles, prepares and processes payroll data for entry into Departmental and Corporate payroll systems.
- Reviews payroll-related reports and documents, interprets data and identifies discrepancies. Collaborates with appropriate party to resolve discrepancies or forwards to a higher authority for resolution.
- Prepares Corporate Leave Reports and updates timekeeping system.
- Responds to enquiries from Saskatoon Police Service staff and supervisors.
- Distributes and files copies of documents related to accounting and payroll transactions.
- Assists with the calculation of special payroll payments such as superior duty pay and stat averaging for part time staff as well as monitoring part time hours of work for increment calculations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Successful completion of recognized one year post-secondary business-related program, plus or including:
Introductory Accounting 1
Introductory Accounting 2
- Two years’ related office experience.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll terminology, practices and procedures.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment, including a calculator and a computer with word-processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office preferred).
Salary: $3,734.30 to $4,117.10 per month
Closing Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59