This posting has closed.
Director of Technological Services
Division: Saskatoon Police Service
Term: Permanent full-time
- Manages the activities of the Technological Services Division and provides short and long term strategic plans to meet the information technology business needs of the Saskatoon Police Service.
- Ensures the stability and security of existing information technology by directing the enhancements and maintenance of systems.
- Provides leadership in planning, coordinating, designing, developing and implementing automated project initiatives.
- Prepares operating and capital budgets to support existing technologies and implement new technologies. Monitors budget expenditures.
- Acts as a technical consultant and executive management representative to the Chief of Police and other police executive staff.
- Selects, directs, evaluates and assigns work to technical staff. Evaluates Division processes and procedures.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of corporate policies, procedures and standards related to information management and technology services.
- Develops, manages and maintains relationships and work requirements with third party vendors and other areas of the corporation. Manages the negotiation of contracts and agreements.
- Oversees the alignment of strategies within SPS and ensures the delivery of all necessary services and solutions.
- Consults with other areas of SPS to determine technological needs as well as system and service requirements. Reviews the quality of services delivered and addresses customer issues and concerns.
- Maintains current knowledge of related technological advancements and provides technical expertise in evaluating new technology trends and requirements.
- Represents the Saskatoon Police Service with external partners, vendors and at conferences and events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in computer science.
- Several years’ progressively responsible experience in information technology services, including five years’ experience in a management role.
- Thorough knowledge of systems research, design techniques, operating systems, database management systems, communications and network technologies.
- Knowledge of police and legal processes and automated systems.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
- Ability to plan, direct and monitor budgets, projects, processes and staffing resources.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, senior management and Board representatives.
Salary: $120,648.00 to $141,760.80 per annum (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: ESA