This posting has closed.
Clerk – Steno 5 (Internal)
Division: Saskatoon Police Service
Term: Permanent full-time
- Provides secretarial and clerical services for the Fraud Section, including photocopying and maintaining a filing system.
- Responds to a variety of telephone enquiries and requests for information for the Section.
- Types search warrants and a variety of correspondence, reports and memos, forms, etc.
- Transcribes warned statements and witness statements for the Division.
- Updates spreadsheet of Fraud Section budget expenditures.
- Records data for Theft Reduction Vehicle Initiative as required.
- Conducts queries of Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), Justice Automated Information Network (JAIN) and Saskatoon Information Management Systems (SIMS) to confirm information related to court dispositions.
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies and forms. Arrange for repairs/maintenance to photocopier as required.
- Coordinates and distributes mail and incoming correspondence, including courier packages.
- Maintains telephone and e-mail contact lists used to communicate fraudulent commercial activity.
- Records, drafts, distributes and files meeting minutes.
- Generates incident reports pertaining to complaints from financial institutions.
- Performs clerical duties for the Investigative Services Division, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from a recognized business college.
- Typing speed of 55 w.p.m.
- One year’s related office experience.
- Knowledge of business English and modern office procedures and equipment.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
- Ability to transcribe dictation rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to exercise good judgement when dealing with protected and sensitive information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in the operation of office equipment, including a computer with word-processing, database and spreadsheet software.
Salary: $3,343.70 to $3,686.38 per month (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59