This posting has closed.
Clerk 9 (Internal)
Division: Saskatoon Police Service
Term: Permanent full-time
- Responds to in-person and telephone enquiries from the public concerning criminal record checks, taxi licences and requests for other information. Issues related documents, as required.
- Operates a CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) terminal to conduct queries, respond to information requests and send messages.
- Reviews and accurately advises applicants regarding eligibility for Record Suspensions.
- Responds to enquiries from authorized employees of police, insurance and government agencies, including processing requests from the Ministry of Justice and the Parole Board of Canada.
- Reviews and interprets data related to criminal charges, using a high level of accuracy and analytical skills and refers any discrepancies back to the appropriate unit for follow up.
- Reviews SIMS (Saskatoon Information Management System) and CPIC and ensures that information is current and accurate and modifies addresses, phone numbers and aliases in SIMS, as required.
- Receives cash for various services and forwards it, with related spreadsheets, to Financial Services Section.
- Processes Vulnerable Sector Search fingerprint results delivered by the RCMP.
- Obtains thumbprints from applicants, as required.
- Types and files reports and letters, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from a recognized business college.
- Two years' progressively responsible customer service experience, including six months experience in a police office setting and three months’ experience using Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) and Saskatoon Information Management System (SIMS) computer systems.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Criminal Code and Provincial statutes.
- Knowledge of Police procedures.
- Ability to respond tactfully and sensitively to individuals applying for a Criminal Records Check or Pardon.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
- Ability to interpret, and to make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public, officials and civic employees.
- Skill in the operation office equipment, including a debit machine and computer.
Salary: $4,124.96 to $4,547.76 per month (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59