This posting has closed.
Victim Services Supervisor
Division: Saskatoon Police Service
Term: Permanent full-time
- Supervises and manages all staff affiliated with Victim Services, Indigenous Resource Officers, Missing Person Liaison, and Victim Services Responder Programs.
- Responsible for the management of the Victim Services Volunteer Support Worker Program including recruitment, training, file management, case review and scheduling. Provides support and direction to meet the objectives of the program.
- Ensures that all required reports and statistics are submitted to Saskatchewan Justice as per the Agreement between Saskatchewan Justice and the Saskatoon Police Service.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and adhering to all budgets within the Victim Services Unit.
- Provides direct services to clients by providing information, support, referrals, court accompaniment and other services as required.
- Liaises with community agencies, educational institutions, interagency councils and committees.
- Develops and delivers community awareness programs regarding victim issues, needs and services.
- Consults with Saskatoon Police Service Investigators regarding sensitive or difficult files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in Social Sciences or related field.
- Four years’ experience in social services including two years’ supervisory experience.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Drivers’ Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Experience working with a volunteer based program would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system, The Victims of Crime Act, The Child and Family Services Act and the Criminal Code.
- Knowledge of community resource agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to set up and deliver training programs.
- Effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
Salary: $5,687.54 to $6,270.52 per month (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 59