This posting has closed.
Marketing Consultant II
Department or Division: Communications
Term: Permanent full-time
- Develops and implements a long-term marketing strategy and action plan for the Department which supports the Strategic Plan and relevant strategic goals.
- Provides a disciplined analysis of the needs, wants, perceptions, and preferences of target markets as the basis for effective program design and service delivery, pricing, and communications.
- Provides communication within the Department to help staff at all levels understand their role in achieving marketing objectives.
- Supports the development of revenue and pricing strategies for the Divisions programs and services.
- Supports the preparation and justification of revenue and projections for the Departments operating budget and monitors ongoing results.
- Undertakes disciplined analyses of revenue results to assess achievements against established marketing targets and goals and use these analyses for corrective action and future planning.
- Develops Division communications and visual identity strategies, including copyrighting, design and production for media advertising and publication.
- Researches and implements a coordinated approach for the use of technology to meet the needs of audiences (i.e. web-based, new and emerging media, twitter, facebook, blogs, etc.).
- Prepares the Divisions marketing budget and monitors ongoing expenditures.
- Coordinates with the Communications Division to ensure consistency with corporate marketing and communications policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in commerce or business administration (marketing major preferred).
- Four to six years’ of progressively responsible experience in marketing administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of marketing, media advertising, promotion and publicity and the graphics industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate sponsorship and fund-raising principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and organizational development.
- Demonstrated ability in expressing ideas and concepts effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and support assigned staff in achieving identified results.
- Ability to develop and present budgets and to control available resources to achieve expected results.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the public, external agencies and co-workers.
- Demonstrated skill in the operation of a computer with MS Office suite.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including strategic planning, budgeting, management reporting, managing change and organizational development.
Salary: $73,065.12 to $85,937.76 per annum (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: SCMMA 222