This posting has closed.
Department or Division: Saskatoon Transit
Term: Permanent full-time
- Cleans interior and exterior of Transit vehicles, buildings, facilities and equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks for the repair or servicing of buildings, grounds, facilities and equipment.
- Assists the service person and mechanic with the maintenance of Transit vehicles.
- Fuels and services Transit vehicles.
- Performs vehicle changeovers in accordance with established procedures.
- Operates buses, tow trucks, power mobile equipment, small trucks and cars, as required.
- Designates or parks vehicles and records locations in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 10 education.
- Training and/or experience related to fleet maintenance would be an asset.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence. Must pass the written air brake test within one week after date of hire and obtain the air brake endorsement within one month after date of hire.
- Current driver's abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of valid class 1A Driver’s Licence would be considered an asset.
- Successful and efficient completion of the assigned training in accordance with Transit maintenance procedures and practices.
- Possession of own tools appropriate for the work.
- Knowledge of limitations and safety rules regarding equipment condition.
- Ability to perform the above duties in an efficient manner and according to Department procedures.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
Salary: $21.63 to $22.91 per hour
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: ATU