This posting has closed.
Traffic Signing & Painting (Internal)
Department or Division: Transportation
Term: Three full-time summer seasonal positions
- Assembles, installs, removes and maintains traffic, informational and specialty signs and support systems.
- Assembles, installs, removes, inspects and maintains traffic detours and crash barriers.
- Installs, removes and maintains parking meter posts.
- Participates in the annual paint programs, including painting crosswalks, chevrons and parking stalls, graffiti control, bridge and overpass washing and sealing and spray-booth painting.
- Evaluates existing signs and pavement markings.
- Assembles, installs, removes and maintains streetscape items.
- Operates and maintains related vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains daily work activity logs, material and maintenance records.
- Installs, removes and maintains the river boom.
- Participates in shop and yard maintenance.
- Assists with sign manufacturing.
- Participates in the salvage of materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education.
- Successful completion of, or ability to complete successfully, a recognized signing and detouring course.
- Two years’ related experience in public works construction and maintenance.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Saskatchewan Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of a valid first aid certificate.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of equipment, materials and techniques used in the installation and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Knowledge of practices and principles involved in the use of traffic control devices.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings as related to sign, detour and pavement marking and streetscaping installations.
- Ability to apply WHMIS health and safety standards.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties under all weather conditions.
Salary: $24.28 to $26.10 per hour (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 859