This posting has closed.
Operations Assistant II (Internal)
Department: Transportation & Utilities
Division: Water & Waste Stream
Term: Temporary full-time for approximately seven months
- Researches existing plans and records for the location of all utilities in the vicinity of proposed construction or maintenance activities.
- Marks the location of existing utilities in the field.
- Communicates with crew foremen to ensure a clear understanding of the location.
- Revises and maintains records of utility locations and repair work as required.
- Acts as liaison with other utility agencies, business and stakeholders to coordinate the activities of the crews.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education, including Math B30 (Algebra 30), Math C30 (Geometry-Trigonometry 30) and Physic 30.
- Two years' experience in water and sewer maintenance, repair, operation and inspection
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid First Aid Certificate.
- Knowledge of the technical and engineering principles and practices related to the work assigned.
- Knowledge of engineering terminology and techniques related to the work assigned.
- Knowledge of the materials, equipment, etc. involved in the area of specialization.
- Ability to make arithmetic and field calculations as required.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to participate in training to become proficient in the care and use of more complex office and field equipment.
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods and under all weather conditions.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned tasks.
- Skill in the care and use of office and field equipment including computers and on-line computer terminals.
Salary: $25.97 per hour (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 859