This posting has closed.
Utility Collections Operator (Internal)
Department: Transportation & Utilities
Division: Water & Waste Stream
Term: Full-time summer seasonal
- Operates solid waste collection vehicles, including automated side-loaders, rear loader, forklift and automated side-loading tractor-trailer.
- Loads, transports and unloads refuse, materials, tools and equipment.
- Performs maintenance, regular servicing and safety checks of equipment.
- Maintains interior and exterior of equipment in clean, neat condition.
- Assists with the servicing of equipment, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 10 education.
- Three years’ related experience operating a variety of equipment.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 1A Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid first aid certificate.
- Successful completion of, or ability to complete successfully, a recognized training module for heavy equipment operation.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing the safe and efficient operation of the equipment, and the uses and maintenance characteristics of the equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods used in loading, transporting and unloading refuse, materials and equipment.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public and other civic employees.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform the services required to assist the mechanical and service staff.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
Salary: $26.61 per hour (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: CUPE 859