This posting has closed.
Junior Access and Privacy Officer (Internal)
Department or Division: Saskatoon Police Service
Term: Permanent full-time
1. Receives and respond to requests for information from the public, the media, researchers, lawyers, provincial and federal government agencies.
2. Assists with identifying records which are excluded from LA FOIP and determine whether access can be provided outside the LA FOIP process.
3. Clarifies requests with applicants, obtain necessary consents and additional pertinent documents.
4. Identifies and provides notification to third parties who may be affected by the potential release of the requested records and transfer requests to other public bodies as required.
5. Responds to queries from the public and SPS personnel regarding the right to access personal information under LA FOIP and the procedures for obtaining access to SPS records.
6. Assists with the coordination of record retrieval and delivery from within various sections of SPS.
7. Acts as a resource for SPS employees in relation to their responsibilities under LA FOIP and SPS Policy.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in a related field with one year’s experience in a municipal government or other public sector environment in the information access and privacy field OR graduation from a recognized two year diploma program in information management or a related field with three years’ experience in a municipal government or other public sector environment in the information access and privacy field.
- Certification through the Canadian Institute of Access and Privacy Professionals and/or the Privacy and Access Council of Canada or possess the Information Access and Protection of Privacy Certificate would be an asset.
- Knowledge in the interpretation and application of The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and The Police Act, 1990 and Regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of access to information and privacy principles and records and information management concepts, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to make well-informed recommendations and decisions based on relevant legislation, bylaws, policies and practices, and case law.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, accountability and integrity in administering the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Program.
- Demonstrated planning, project management, research, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and meet legislated timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to be thorough and efficient, results driven and service oriented in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships externally and internally.
- Ability to pass the Saskatoon Police Service security clearance process.
Salary: $70,007.28 to $82,258.56 per year (2016 rates)
Closing Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 5:00 pm
Labour Group: ESA 292