2020 Civic Election: Official 2020 Voter’s Guide with Candidate Profiles now online
The official 2020 Voter’s Guide complete with candidate profiles is now available online at saskatoon.ca/vote2020. Saskatoon residents, watch for your printed copy of the 2020 Voter’s Guide delivered to you by mail over the week starting October 19.
The 2020 Voter’s Guide includes information on:
- Voting safely is our priority. Learn more about the COVID-19 safety measures in place to protect voters, election workers, candidates, and candidate’s agents at all voting locations and the Election Office.
- Your voting options. Vote by mail, attend the City’s first-ever drive-thru early voting opportunity November 1, vote at off-peak times during the seven days of advance polls October 30 - November 5, or vote on Election Day, November 9. Dates, times, locations included in the 2020 Voter’s Guide.
- Where to vote on Election Day. On November 9, you must vote at the polling location assigned to your neighbourhood for the ward you live in. Visit saskatoon.ca/mypoll to confirm your ward number and voting location.
- Ward Boundary Changes. Some neighbourhoods changed wards after the Municipal Ward Commission review in 2019. Ward changes take effect for the 2020 Civic Election. Confirm your ward so you’ll know who to vote for and where to vote on Election Day.
- Who can vote? ID required to vote. Learn about voter eligibility and the many acceptable forms of ID you can present.
- Voter Assistance. All advance polls except for drive-thru and The Centre Mall will provide Voter Assist Terminals. Check locations and times.
- Special Polls. Information on Hospital and Care Home voting for inpatients.
- Who’s running? Review the candidate profiles for mayor, councillors, public and Catholic school board trustees.
- Free Transit Passes for Election Day. Passes will also be available at the Transit Customer Service Centre, libraries, Leisure Centres and City Hall.
Information in the 2020 Voter’s Guide was current and accurate at the time of printing and may need to be adjusted as COVID-19 circumstances change. The Civic Election Office is following the lead of Elections Saskatchewan and will respond accordingly to any public health orders. Updated information will be communicated to the public as becomes available.
The Saskatoon Civic Election is November 9, 2020. Eligible voters will vote for mayor, councillors, public and Catholic school board trustees for the next four-year term.
Visit saskatoon.ca/vote2020 for more information.