2020 Civic Rates & Fees
The following fees and rates for City of Saskatoon services take effect January 1, 2020.
SERVICES FOR RESIDENTS
Animal Services – Pet Licenses
- Spayed/Neutered: $18.00 (no change)
- Non-Spayed/Neutered: $40.00 ($4.00 increase)
- Juvenile (under 1 year): $18.00 (no change)
- Spayed/Neutered: $30.00 ($1.00 increase)
- Non-Spayed/Neutered: $60.00 ($2.00 increase)
- Juvenile (under 1 year): $30.00 ($1.00 increase)
- Service Dogs: $0.00 (no change)
Replacement Tags: $10.00 (no change). Enjoy the many benefits of licensing your pet.
- In 2020, there are no increases to Landfill entry fees, tipping fees, specific disposal fees, or the discount for small loads.
- Visit Saskatoon Landfill for current rates and fees.
- The Compost Depot Commercial Hauler Season Permit fee is $150 for 2020.
Waste-Related Handling Services
- Curbside Residential Recycling Program fees per household per month will be $7.38 in 2020.
- Multi-Unit Residential Recycling Program fees per household per month will be $3.71 per month in 2020.
Green Cart Yard & Food Waste Program
- For 2020, the Green Cart Program remains an optional service for Saskatoon residents wanting to recycle their yard and food waste.
- If you subscribe to the Green Cart Program before May 1, your Green Cart seasonal fee will be $65/year (from $55/year); renewals paid after April 30 will be $85/year (from $75/year).
- Planned for 2023, City Council has approved the City-Wide Organics Program to roll-out to all single-family households in Saskatoon.
Saskatoon Light & Power
- To meet the current and future needs of the City and its utility customers, overall, average utility rates will increase by 2.4% in 2020.
- In 2020, the Carbon Tax Charge for residential customers will increase to 0.63¢/kWh from the 0.34¢/kWh implemented in April 2019.
Water and Wastewater
2020: Water and wastewater rates will increase overall by 4.1%.
Storm Water Management Charge
2020: Storm Water Management Charge will increase to $6.650 ($1.125 increase) per one Equivalent Runoff Unit (ERU) per month.
Flood Protection Program Levy (Temporary)
2020: Flood Protection Program Levy will decrease to $2.250 ($1.125 decrease) per water meter per month.
- In 2020, parking rates and parking ticket fines will not change.
- Visit Public Pay Parking for current rates.
- Impound Lot check-in fees will be $65 (from $50)
- Impound Lot daily storage fees will be $17 (from $15)
- Visit Vehicle Seizures for more information.
Special Permits (no fee changes for 2020)
- Sidewalk Crossing permit application fee: $375.00
- Vehicle permit application fee: $50.00 for blanket annual & $30.00 for daily
- In 2020, all route fares remain the same.
- Visit Saskatoon Transit for current fee information.
BUSINESS & DEVELOPMENT
- Business Licenses (no change)
- Visit Business Licenses for current rates.
Building and Plumbing Permits
- There are various rate and fee changes effective January 1, 2020 for both building and plumbing permits.
- Please visit Building, Plumbing and Demolition Permits for a full list of 2020 rates.
PARKS, RECREATION & ATTRACTIONS
Various rate and fee changes take effect January 1, 2020. There are no rate changes in 2020 for the Gordon Howe Campground, Leisure Centres, Indoor Rinks or Golf Courses.
Please visit saskatoon.ca for specific rates and more detailed information on the following:
- City’s public golf courses
- Leisure Centres
- Outdoor Pools
- Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park & Zoo
- Special event permits and applications
- Sport fields & facility rentals
- Woodlawn Cemetery
- Gordon Howe Campground
Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park in 2020:
General Admission (single tickets): $2.25 (increase of $0.25)
Play Pack (12 tickets): $22.50 (increase of $2.50)
Visit Nutrien Playland at Kinsmen Park for admission rates and more information.
Visit saskatoon.ca to learn more about the civic services and programs Saskatoon residents’ value - and rely on.