Access to Downtown Intersection Reduced for Water & Sewer Work
Water valve repair work will limit access to the intersection at 3rd Avenue and 23rd Street East, starting Thursday, January 11, 2018. Construction is scheduled to take two days to complete, barring unforeseen circumstances or weather delays.
What you can expect from us
- Detours and lane restrictions will be in effect starting Thursday, January 11 at 9:00 a.m.
- 23rd Street will be closed between 3rd Avenue and 4th Avenue.
- 3rd Avenue northbound will be closed between 22nd Street and 24th Street
- Detour signs will be in place well in advance of the work zone, directing traffic around the area.
- Transit routes 4, 5, 6, and 7, and the bus stop at City Hall on 3rd Avenue will be impacted by this construction zone. Please visit saskatoontransit.ca/service-alerts for more details.
How you can help us
- Drivers are encouraged to reroute their commute and avoid the area if possible.
- Plan your bus route in advance online at Saskatoontransit.ca or on your mobile device with the real-time Google Maps or Transit App.
- Refer to the Road Restrictions and Construction Projects interactive map for updates and more information.
The City thanks drivers for their patience while this necessary work is carried out. Slow down, pay attention and respect work zones. Watch for pedestrians and work crews, and for everyone’s safety, please obey all detours, signs, and barriers.