Annual deck testing and inspection program begins Friday
The City will start its annual Deck Testing and Inspection Program this week to ensure all bridges and structures drivers, pedestrians and cyclists rely on, remain safe and structurally sound.
Starting Friday, road users can expect short term (1 or 2 two hours), single lane restrictions at locations throughout the City between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Although there will be delays at these inspection sites, access through work zones will be maintained.
Friday work sites include:
- Circle Drive over 8th Street
- Circle Drive over 14th Street SB
- Lorne Avenue over Circle Drive
- Idylwyld Drive over Saskatchewan Crescent
- Idylwyld Drive over 8th Street overpass and 8th Street exit ramp
- Idylwyld Drive over 9th Street overpass and 9th Street exit ramp
- Circle Drive North Bridge
On Tuesday, June 12, inspections will start on the Highway 16 overpass at Highway 11, resulting in lane restrictions on both roadways. This work will be completed at night, between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. to limit the impact to road users.
Inspections of the College Drive overpass at the Sutherland CPR rail yard will also take place at night. Work will start at 7 p.m. and finish before the morning rush.
The City’s bridge and structure inventory have an estimated replacement value of approximately $943 million. The City maintains 6 bridges, 49 overpasses, 24 pedestrian crossings, and 28 kilometers of sound attenuation walls.