Changes to residential recycling to take effect January 1, 2020
Residents are reminded that the City and its recycling partners will no longer be accepting paper coffee cups (polycoat) and black plastics in their recycling programs. This includes curbside (blue cart), multi-unit (blue bin), and City Recycling Depots.
Residents are also reminded that the following rates will take effect January 1, 2020.
- Curbside Residential Recycling:
- $7.38 per household per month in 2020
- $7.47 per household per month in 2021
- Multi-Unit Residential Recycling:
- $3.71 per household per month in 2020
- $3.86 per household per month in 2021
The City’s new contract with Loraas Recycle will take effect January 1, 2020 through 2027. The program will continue to have bi-weekly collection year-round and have the same collection routes and days in 2020. The City will maintain its contract with Cosmopolitan Industries through 2023.
For more information on these changes, please review Fact Sheet: Changes to Residential Recycling Program or visit saskatoon.ca/recycling.