Christmas Tree Recycling
GIVE YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE A PROPER GOODBYE!
Every year the City of Saskatoon provides temporary drop-off sites for natural Christmas trees so they can be recycled at the City’s Compost Depot. Residents are encouraged to drop off live Christmas trees from December 26, 2018 to January 31, 2019:
- Lawson Heights Recycling Depot – Primrose Drive by the Lawson Civic Centre
- University Heights Recycling Depot – Ludlow Street (off Lowe Road)
- Meadowgreen Recycling Depot – corner of 22nd Street West and Witney Avenue
- George Ward Pool parking lot – 5th St & Grosvenor Avenue
- Wildwood Golf Course parking lot – 4050 8th Street East
- Doukhobor Society parking lot - 525 Avenue I South at 17th Street
What you can expect from us
- Christmas tree drop-off sites will accept natural trees from December 26 - January 31.
- The trees, while they may not deserve such a fate, will be chipped (Ouch!) and composted or used as mulch.
- The City will not pick up Christmas trees from back lanes, street fronts, or garbage and recycling carts.
How you can help us
- Please drop off your trees unwrapped and unbound.
- Remove all decorations, ornaments, and plastic bags before dropping off your tree. Even small bits of tinsel or plastic can impact the quality of the wood chips.
- Don’t add to waste. Sell or donate your artificial tree instead of throwing it in the garbage.
For more information about Christmas tree recycling, visit saskatoon.ca/christmastree.